Thursday, May 30, 2013

Pack N go ....

The next couple of days will be cherished so much more than before as the holidays are to end sometime soon. It has been a wonderful holiday with time spent with family and close mates of mine where food and drinks are plenty not to mention laughter. But as the saying goes, 'all good things must come to an end' so will this be too.

I shall miss the comforts of home, the company of my family and friends (not to mention the pet dog) and many others too yet I look forward to getting back to the rhythms of the formation house the early morning mass, the morning prayers and so on. But I must be honest as well here in that I do not look forward to members of the community whom I feel at times are full of pride and ego and not an ounce of humility, humor or compassion thinking that they're far much superior than me or others and worthy of being at the formation house more than others. Such arrogance indeed !

Yet I can't help but to think positively of all of it in terms of taking it as a learning curve in that I do not have to accept their arrogance and pride / ego instead to learn to accept it as it comes but more importantly not to turn to be like them and also not to have them destroy or be a factor in loosing my priestly vocation.

At times, I feel perhaps I am too emotional and too kind and it is at times prudent to be a bit more detached from all of these characters and live accordingly to my own understand and precepts especially towards the will of God who brought me into this new journey. This should be the ideal way but then it is not that easy as to be so would mean I am turning into those few characters within the formation house - and I should not stood so low like them instead I should be a better and charitable Christian / seminarian and go beyond and above them.

Let us see what is in store for me in these coming few months as I journey along with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment